.....and it doesn't have to start and stop in November. Here are a few ways to make giving thanks the central theme of not only your home this season, but of your heart forever.
- Make a banner to hang with various cards that can be attached.....write something you are thankful for each day and attach it to the banner.
- Last year, my husband and I wrote one thing we each were thankful for and displayed it on a chalkboard in our home
- Memorize Scripture regarding giving thanks:
- Consider reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
- Begin keeping a daily gratitude journal
- Set a timer and commit to spending 5 minutes each morning giving thanks only.
- Get a paper roll and tape it to a frequented area in your home....you and everyone in your family write something on it during dinner each evening. Allison of All For The Boys is doing something similar to this with her kids.
- Create a thankful jar---each person in your home puts something they are thankful for in the jar....then read all the items in the jar on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
- Study and discuss the beginning to Thanksgiving.
- Ask God daily to produce a thankful heart in you.
- Take time to tell those you love why you are thankful for them....my mother-in-law started a tradition in our family. Everyone in our family tells the one celebrating their birthday why they appreciate them and/or what they like about them.
Linking up with This or That Thursday, Gussy's Inspiration Workshop, and Thanksgiving Tradition Link Up.