Here is a few of the photos (one of which I have previously posted):
Several of you asked where I got the blocks?
I made them.......and it was easy........and cheap.
I used 7 cardboard boxes, four of which were diaper boxes.
I primed them. B was trying to lend a helping hand.
I painted them. The blue and orange paint I already had, so I reused those colors. I purchased red, yellow, and green spray paint for others.
Sam printed large bubble letters for me (on 11X13 paper...I think).
I placed each letter on contact paper and traced them.
(Sorry the outline is hard to see. I took these photos at night with poor lighting)
I cut out each letter......
and applied them to the boxes.
And there you have it. It was very simple and affordable. It takes time, but the idea popped in my head a few months before B's birthday, so I drew/wrote out what I wanted to do. I, then, began gathering boxes and brainstorming the best way to apply the letters, etc. I completed the project over approximately 3 to 4 weeks. I would work on them when I had the time.
I used them for the photo and placed them in our backyard during his birthday party (photos are coming). I think I will save them and take another photo next year, primarily to compare B's size from year to year.