How has another year come and gone? I will admit this year has been full of challenges and circumstances that have forced me to grow closer to my God. They have been needed, but WOW has it been difficult.
1. Me!- In 2011, I am most proud of accomplishing a full year of staying at home with my son. This may not seem like a big deal, but it has been more challenging to choose to stay at home and not return to work than I ever thought it would be. At one point, I thought I was going to go back, because I was struggling with being home every day, but after much prayer and a few changes I stuck it out......for now.
I am also proud at how much better I have learned to deal with stress. Some people who know me may LAUGH at this, because I still allow stress to affect me more than I should, but it is much better.
2. I Love You-My life is so much better because these two are in it. They love me, challenge me, embrace me, make me LAUGH, cry with me, embarrass me, hug me, and so much more.
3. Still LAUGHing- My son has done a lot of things that still have me LAUGHing, but each time I think about him in the ocean this summer I LAUGH. I love how he would lay down on his back and let the waves crash over him.
4. Winter Wonderland- Ummmm, I really don't have a photo to share for this one. Here is our winter wonderland. Seriously, we took this in February.
5. Birthday- Smashing cake on his 1st birthday in March.
photos taken by Billy Waller
6. Friends-My best friend in the whole world--my sister. It has been a tough year for many reasons and I honestly don't know what I would have done without my sister. She may live far away, but thankfully, she is only a phone call away. No matter what happens, she is forever my best friend.
7. I Was Inspired-In January/February I took my first Clickin' Moms workshop-Natural Light 101. I was inspired by so many people during the 4 week course and am so thankful I took it. Here is one of my favorite shots from the class.
8. Spring Fever-I'll be honest, we don't really get spring fever in South Florida. The one thing we really look forward to is a warmer ocean. You can find us at the beach almost any month of the year, but by spring we are ready to get in the ocean.
9. Travel or Vacation-We spent our second summer vacation in a row in Hilton Head. It was a much needed break from the routine.
10. Summer Days-You may be getting tired of beach photos, but when you live so close to the beach you tend to have a million photos of your family there. We don't spend that many summer days at the beach, but it still makes me think of summer.
11. A Day in My Life- Always involves a whole lot of this guy
12. All Smiles- I took photos of this little cutie and her family in November. What a treat!!
13. Autumn Harvest
14. Family or Home- My parents and sister at Thanksgiving. We haven't taken a photo of the four of us in years, so it is nice to have this one.
All of my cousins on my dad's side at my grandmother's funeral.
15. Celebrate!- Sam and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in May. I was able to capture this photo the evening we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, while my mother-in-law watched B.
16. Let's Do It Again- Have a picnic on Davis Island......again and again and again!!
17. I Miss You- This was a very difficult year, as I said goodbye to both of my grandmothers. I miss them nearly every day. Some days, I just long to pick up the phone and talk to them. Throughout my college and young adult years I was quick to phone them when I was feeling lonely, as I knew they would always be there to chat.
18. Beautiful- God's creation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19. Dress Up- Just a snapshot, but Sam and I dressed up for his work Christmas party.
20. Macro- I really don't really have any "true" macro shots, so I thought I would share this photo of one of my grandfather's roses.
21. Holidays- Christmas is definitely more fun when you have kids around. Bennett just enjoyed his gifts this year, as did his cousins. Plus, we were able to Skype with my parents which was very nice.
22. My Favorite- No one way could I only choose one favorite from a full year of photos, but this is one of my top 100 :) These rosaries have hung from my grandmother's lamp since my grandfather purchased them for her several years ago. I took this photo the week she went home to be with the LORD.
23. Don't Ever Change- My boy with his 3 of his sweet cousins. I hope they are always as close as they are now.
24. Just Because...So There- Practicing night photography this year was one of my favorite adventures. This is my favorite shot!
25. Hopes and Dreams- Wow, where to begin. My hope for this year is that I rest knowing that God is at work in my life no matter how hard, easy, beautiful, ugly, joyful or sad it may be. 2011 was a difficult year for many reasons, but I learned a lot about myself, my God, my family and my friends. I hope and dream that when 2012 comes to a close that I feel more at peace with living in Tampa, with the activities I am involved in, and with my role as a mother. I hope that I work hard to follow the LORD and all the ways He is challenging me to be more like Him.