What encouraged you to start the blog, All For The Boys?
- I am always searching for fun and inspiring things for my boys and I to do or make. Especially as they got older I found myself constantly scrolling through lots of pink, lace, and glitter to get to the few projects I thought my boys would actually enjoy much less ones that I would enjoy doing with them. There is a lot of great inspiration out there it's often just mixed all in. I realized that there may be other mom's out there like me with only boys or maybe with one boy mixed in a sea of girls, who also wanted to find things for her boys so I created All for the Boys.
What can we expect to find there?
- Pretty much anything my boys approve of! Crafts, activities, party inspiration, recommendations, games, etc.
|This was one of her son's birthday party. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will love Allison's posts HERE and HERE.|
What is your favorite things about living in a house with 3 boys (her husband and 2 sons)?
- The constant laughter. Even after a sibling squabble (which are quickly forgotten in a house of boys) there is laughter. It may come in the form of finding bodily functions humorous or the last completely goofy joke they heard. I LOVE the constant liveliness in our house.
Least favorite thing?
- Laundry. I never know what will come out of their pockets or socks!
You post "Fort Friday." How often do you and the boys build a fort? Do they really love them?
- I'd say once a week maybe. Definitely more in the summer and almost always during a sleepover! We love building them and the magical feeling of sitting inside them. Movie night is that much better in a fort!
In regards to all things boy, do you have any links you would suggest for all boy momma's out there?
What makes you consider a toy/game/craft "SUCCESSFUL" for your children?
- For something to be successful with my boys I think it has to hold their attention for more than 5 minutes (if you have boys you know this can be a huge accomplishment in itself) and be something that they ask to do again. We've had games that we've gotten that the boys were all pumped to play but quickly lost interest and never played again. Even though they had been talking about it for weeks, it just wasn't a success. Bonus points for something educational!
List 3 to 5 of your favorite crafts that you have posted to All For The Boys.
Do you want anymore children or are you sticking with your 2 sons only?
- That's a tough question! We are done having children of our own but we never know what God holds for us in the future!
How do you feel blogging at All For The Boys has helped you mother your boys?
- We definitely do a bit more than we used to. It challenges me to find more things for us to do together! They went nuts when they first saw my Summer To Do Pinterest Board!
A big thank you to Allison. Make sure to click on over and check out All For The Boys. Follow along while you're there and pass the word along to all the boy momma's you know.