10 Purposes of Parenting
- To model Jesus.
- To pray for our children daily.
- To demonstrate a life of integrity.
- To set safe and appropriate boundaries.
- To be a student of our children's world.
- To promote our children's unique interests.
- To encourage a passionate desire for truth.
- To respect their abilities and self-determination.
- To influence their beliefs, rather than CONTROL their behavior.
- To shape their environment, because it will influence their hearts.
**This was taken from the book Lists to Live By, but is originally from Parenting Without Perfection, by David Seel Jr. (which I have not read)
*Linking Up with Black and White Wednesday