My Identity In Christ
Several years ago, I was given a book mark with 33 Bible verses written on it. It has remained in my Bible since that time. I often pull it out, reading several verses, so that I can be reminded of "Who I am in Christ." These verses consistently encourage me to keep putting my faith and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ, so I thought it was only appropriate to share them with you.
**The bookmark is a product of Freedom in Christ Ministries by Neil Anderson and Mike and Julia Quarles. (Store link HERE. Main website HERE.) The information found below is adapted from the bookmark.
- I am free from condemnation. -Romans 8:1
- I am God's child. -John 1:12, Eph. 1:5
- I am a member of Christ's body. -1 Cor. 12:20-27
- I am redeemed and forgiven. -Col 1:13-14
- I am complete. -Col. 2:9-10
- I have access to God through the Holy Spirit. -Eph. 2:18
- I am assured all works together for good. -Romans 8:28
- I can not be separated from the love of God. -Romans 8:35-39
- I am a citizen of Heaven. -Phil. 3:19-20
- I have not been given a Spirit of fear, but of power, love and self discipline. -2 Tim. 1:7
- I can approach God's throne with confidence knowing I will receive grace and mercy in my time of need. -Heb 4:14-16
- I can be confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected. -Phil. 1:6
- I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. -2 Cor. 1:21-22
- I am the salt and light of the earth. -Matt. 5:13-16
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. -John 15:16
- I am God's temple. -1 Cor. 3:16
- I am a new creation. -2 Cor. 5:17
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. -2 Cor. 5:17-21
- I am God's workmanship. -Eph. 2:10
I believe knowing who you are in Christ enables you to live a more effective Christian life. I know each time I read theses verses, many life circumstances are put in perspective.
You can read previous Journey of Faith posts HERE.
Every Friday, I post about the work God is doing or has done in my life, as I journey on this road of faith.
How is God working in your life as you journey with Him?
Would you consider sharing it with us today?
If you decide to share...enter the URL to your exact post below. If you join, please help us find one another by sharing the "Journey of Faith" graphic within your post.